Challenge your ability to efficiently perform online legal research and navigate Lexis+ Canada! Join other legal professionals in a friendly battle for the opportunity to be named the best legal researcher in Canada!
The 13 winners (one from each jurisdiction) will compete to earn the title of best Canadian Legal Researcher. The first-place winner will receive a grand prize of $5,000, the runner up wins $2,500 and third place will receive $1,500.
Your Benefits Await (Details of the contest)
• Top three (3) National Finale Winners will receive CASH prizes!
• Access to Lexis+ Canada the next-gen research and analysis platform+
• Bragging rights as the best Canadian Legal Researcher
LexisNexis Canada is organizing The Great Canadian Legal Research Challenge inviting all legal professionals to show their research skills. Gain bragging rights as the best researcher of your province and territory and then duke it out with other provincial and territorial finalists for the grand title of greatest researcher in Canada. Did we mention that the winner also gets a $5,000 cash prize?
The Provincial and Territorial Challenge round - October 17, 2023
In the first round, contestants will be competing against peers from their own jurisdiction. Each will have one winner, 13 winners in total. Province and Territorial Challenge round winners will move on to compete in the National Finale Challenge round.
National Finale Challenge round - October 25, 2023
The 13 provincial and territorial winners will compete against each other in the second challenge round.
• September 27, 2023 – Access to the Lexis+ Canada platform
• October 7 – 12, 2023 - Training sessions
• October 17, 2023 - Provincial and Territorial Challenge round
• October 20, 2023 – Provincial and Territorial winners are announced
• October 25, 2023 - National Finale Challenge round
• October 27, 2023 – Winners announcement
Fill out the form on this page to register for the challenge today.
Registrants will have access to a 3-week trial of Lexis+ Canada, granting them full access to the platform including the legal research experience that provides an overview of cases from all jurisdictions, provincial, territorial and federal statutes, and current awareness bulletins in addition to secondary materials for all areas of practice. Lexis+ Canada also contains citation tools to validate each case’s authority, find summaries of judicial considerations, along with treatment and pinpoint references. Additionally, try our new Legal News Hub, that delivers industry-leading news directly into the Lexis+ Canada workflow, to keep you better informed about current events, which, *hint* may or may not be part of the challenge!
Remember, this challenge is open to all jurisdictions in Canada, allowing you the chance to represent your province or territory proudly!
Register now for your 3-week Lexis+ Canada Trial
1. Enter the contest today by filling out the form on this page.
2. On September 27th, 2023, you will receive your username and password to access Lexis+ Canada. This temporary 3-week access allows you to use all the features and explore Canadian content on the Lexis+ Canada platform and practice before the live challenge date.
- • Those who register before September 27th will receive their log in information on this date
- • Those who register after September 27th will receive their log in information within one business day of registration
- • If you currently hold a Lexis+ Canada subscription you will be required to use the dedicated log in information provided to you upon registering for the Research Challenge as it is unique to this challenge. Some ways to do so:
- ○ Use a different browser than the one you normally use to access Lexis+ Canada
- ○ Use Incognito mode on your preferred browser
- ○ Clear LexisNexis Authentication Cookies on your preferred browser:
3. Complimentary training sessions will also be available for which you can register within the 3-week trial period. We highly recommend that you register for a session to gain further knowledge on all the features of Lexis+ Canada.
4. On the day of the Provincial and Territorial Challenge round, October 17, 2023, you will receive a link to the survey that will allow you to start the challenge. The survey link will be available for a period of 12 hours, between 11:00amET to 11:00pmET. The challenge must be completed within the designated time, upon receiving the email. All contestants will have the same window of time to submit their answers and finalize the challenge.
5. The top Provincial and Territorial Finalists will be announced via social media the following Friday October 20, 2023. Each winner (13 winners, one per jurisdiction) will receive an email announcing that they have won and will be proceeding to compete in the National finale round.
Provincial and Territorial Challenge Round Prizes The top 13 winners (one per jurisdiction) to correctly answer the first round of questions will win:
- • Six months free access to Law360 Canada OR 3 months free access to CaseMap Cloud
- • One Canadian LexisNexis publication of your choice, selected from the e-store (up to 250$)
- • One-month free access to one of the Lexis+ Canada base subscription OR One-month free access to one of the Lexis+ Canada add-on packages of their choice
6. The Provincial and Territorial winners will then battle it out one last time in the National Finale Challenge round on October 25, 2023.
7. On Friday October 27, 2023, the nation’s top 3 Canadian-wide finalists will be announced through social media and individually via email.
National Finale Challenge Round Prizes
• First place - $5,000
• Second place - $2,500
• Third place - $1,500